What is Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme?
The Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme is Intafact Beverages Limited corporate social investment (CSI) initiative run by its subsidiary Intafact Hero’s Foundation. It is aimed at instilling a culture of entrepreneurship among Nigerian youths by encouraging them to develop their big ideas into sustainable businesses or expand their existing businesses through the provision of material and financial support which include: intensive business development skills training, mentoring and coaching and provision of grant for business start-up and or expansion.
First launched in South Africa in 1995 as a poverty alleviation initiative, the programme has also been implemented in Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Tanzania. It has become one of the largest entrepreneurship development programme run by a private sector company.
Who can participate in the Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme?
The Intafact Hero’s Foundation Kickstart programme is open only to Nigerians of 18 to 35 years who live and have their businesses in the following participating states: Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo. The ultimate goal of the programme is helping to build a young prosperous society by helping to create a culture of entrepreneurship thereby reducing youth unemployment in the region and Nigeria by extension.
Who do not qualify to participate?
Employees of and the immediate families of members of staff of Intafact Beverages Limited, the company’s Advertising and Public Relations agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and their staff are not qualified to participate.
- Legally permissible businesses in terms of local laws
- New businesses requiring startup capital
- Existing small businesses needing capital to expand operation
What are the basic rules governing the programme
- This programme is run by Intafact Hero’s Foundation and is open to young individuals between 18 to 35 years of age resident and doing business in the Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu and Imo States.
- Employees and their immediate families of Intafact Beverages Limited or Intafact Hero’s Foundation, promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff are exempted from participating.
- Applicant shall only be allowed to enter the competition with one business.
- Consider your entry application unsuccessful should you not receive a response from Intafact Hero’s Foundation after 45 days from competition closing date (April 28, 2017) for entry applications.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation will assume full rights and ownership of all materials (imagery, videos, etc) produced from the programme, and will be entitled to use the Applicant’s story for communication purposes without any compensation to the Applicant whatsoever for as long as the Kickstart Bold Steps programme is in existence. By virtue of accepting and signing these rules, you give Intafact Hero’s Foundation such an authorization.
- All Applicants, should they be selected to the next stage, will be required to furnish and submit proof of such things as their business’s registration and other relevant documents upon the request of Intafact Hero’s Foundation, in order to be eligible for the next stage.
- Participation/entry to this programme constitutes acceptance of all the rules, terms and conditions, guidelines and instructions (“rules’”) pertaining to this competition and agree to abide by the rules.
- The closing date for this competition is April 28, 2017and all entries must reach Intafact Hero’s Foundation by no later than 23:59 of the closing date.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation will not be held responsible for the loss of any entry forms or documentation.
- Only entries with all accompanying documentation will be accepted. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure all documentation is present and correct.
- Selected winning Applicants of the programme are required to run and manage their business on a full-time basis.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Intafact Hero’s Foundation reserves the right to make media announcements, publications of the winners of the competition, photography and follow-up interviews.
- The maximum amount to be requested by an applicant shall not exceed N3,000,000 (three million naira)
- The governing law to apply in respect of this competition is that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that they comply with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements as set out by the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Successful winning Applicants agree to have their business progress tracked for a period of 5 years.
- Competition entries ‘Business (product or service offering)’ cannot be changed during the competition or the KickStart Programme.
- All Participants, Applicants and winners indemnify Intafact Hero’s Foundation, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever and in any way connected to their participation in, or association with, this Competition.
- Competition Applicants and Participants will be disqualified, upon conclusion of a diagnostic analysis by INTAFACT HERO’S FOUNDATION at any stage of the competition, should they be found to have knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented information pertaining to their businesses
When is the opening and closing date for Intafact Hero Foundation Kickstart application?
Application opens on Monday, March 20, 2017, and closes by 23: 59 hours on Friday, April 28, 2017.
What are the participating states?
Abia, Anambra, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo. Enugu and Imo states