RULES GUIDING THE PROGRAMME
- This programme is run by International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation and is open to young individuals between 18 and 35 years of age resident and doing business in the following states of Nigeria: Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Edo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Delta, Imo & Rivers States.
- Employees and their immediate families of International Breweries PLC or IB PLC Hero’s Foundation, promotion agencies, associated companies, and outlet owners and staff are exempted from participating.
- Applicant shall only be allowed to enter the competition with one business.
- Consider your entry application unsuccessful should you not receive a response from International Breweries Plc Hero’s Foundation after 45 days from competition closing date (September 30, 2018) for entry applications.
- IB PLC Hero’s Foundation will assume full rights and ownership of all materials (imagery, videos, etc) produced from the programme, and will be entitled to use the Applicant’s story for communication purposes without any compensation to the Applicant whatsoever for as long as the Kickstart Bold Steps programme is in existence. By virtue of accepting and signing these rules, you give IB PLC Hero’s Foundation such an authorization.
- All Applicants, should they be selected to the next stage, will be required to furnish and submit proof of such things as their business’ registration and other relevant documents upon the request of IB PLC Hero’s Foundation, in order to be eligible for the next stage.
- Participation/entry to this programme constitutes acceptance of all the rules, terms and conditions, guidelines and instructions (“rules’”) pertaining to this competition and agree to abide by the rules.
- The closing date for this competition is September 30, 2018 and all entries must reach IB PLC Hero’s Foundation by no later than 23:59 of the closing date.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- IB PLC Hero’s Foundation will not be held responsible for the loss of any entry forms or documentation.
- Only entries with all accompanying documentation will be accepted. It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure all documentation is present and correct.
- Selected winning Applicants of the programme are required to run and manage their business on a full-time basis.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- IB PLC Hero’s Foundation reserves the right to make media announcements, publications of the winners of the competition, photography and follow-up interviews.
- The governing law to apply in respect of this competition is that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that they comply with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements as set out by the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Successful winning Applicants agree to have their business progress tracked for a period of 5 years.
- Competition entries ‘Business (product or service offering)’ cannot be changed during the competition or the KickStart Programme.
- All Participants, Applicants and winners indemnify IB PLC Hero’s Foundation, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever and in any way connected to their participation in, or association with, this Competition.
- Competition Applicants and Participants will be disqualified, upon conclusion of a diagnostic analysis by INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC HERO’S FOUNDATION at any stage of the competition, should they be found to have knowingly or unknowingly misrepresented information pertaining to their businesses.
TERM AND CONDITIONS – WARRANTIES, INDEMNITIES AND COMPETITION AGREEMENT
The Warranties, Indemnities and Competition Agreement must be read and signed prior to submitting your business entry application: By submitting your entry application (“the Entry”) to International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation KickStart Programme (also IB PLC Hero’s Foundation) (“the Competition”), each Applicants listed below agrees to the following conditions:
Originality of Plan, Intellectual Property Warranty and Indemnity. The Applicant warrants that all ideas and concepts set forth in the entry are the original work of the Applicants, and the Applicant is under no agreement or restriction that prohibits or restricts his or her ability to disclose or submit such ideas or concepts to the Competition. Applicant further warrants that the Rights or any equipment, materials or reports used in connection with the Rights by Applicants shall not infringe upon or violate the Intellectual Property rights or other proprietary rights of a third party. Applicants indemnifies IB PLC Hero’s Foundation against and undertakes that Applicant shall pay all costs, damages and attorney fees on an attorney and our client basis finally awarded against IB PLC Hero’s Foundation in any action which is attributable to such claim, and Applicants shall reimburse IB PLC Hero’s Foundation on demand with all such costs, damages and attorney fees incurred by IB PLC Hero’s Foundation connection with any such action.
Compliance with the Rules, and Competition Agreement. The Applicants has reviewed the Competition Guidelines (“the Guidelines”) and by his or her signature below certifies that this Entry and the team or individual it represents complies with the Guidelines and agrees to abide by the Guidelines, Rules and Competition Agreement.
Representing International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme. By signing this agreement, the Applicant agrees to speak or represent International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Programme for public relations purposes, inter alia promotional events and media representations.
Due diligence, financial, credit and security check. International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation reserves the right to conduct due diligence and financial, credit and security checks on the Applicant and the business entered as part of risk assessment and assurance.
Waivers, Indemnity and Releases. The Applicant understands that each of International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation Kickstart Judges, Trainers and Mentors, Co-organizers and coordinators (the “Competition Officials”) and its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents (collectively “Organizer Representatives”) are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Applicant. The Applicant acknowledges and understands that the views expressed by any Competition Official or Organiser Representatives are their own and not those of International Breweries PLC Hero’s Foundation KickStart or any person or entity. By entering the competition the Applicant accepts that the competition officials have the right to forward the Entry to the competition officials for screening, judging, in line with the competition Guidelines and Rules.
The Applicant also understands and agrees that, although the Competition Officials have taken and will take the steps described in the Guidelines regarding confidentiality of the Entry submitted by the Applicants, the legal protection of the content of the Entry submitted by the Applicants to the Competition is the sole responsibility of the Applicant. In consideration of the time, expertise, and other resources provided by the Competition Officials and Organizer Representatives to the Competition, each Applicant hereby voluntarily releases each Competition Official and each Contest Co-coordinator from any further liabilities, responsibilities, and accountabilities relating to or arising out of the Applicant’s or any such Competition Official’s or Organizer Representative’s participation in the Competition.
I confirm that I have read and fully understand the Rules, Guidelines and the competition agreement.